But Enough About Me. Or Not.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
I do really love those quirky little meme questionnaire thingys – yes, I believe that's the technical term -- that ask lots of random but revealing questions. I love getting them, I love filling them out, I especially love reading all the funny bits of information about other people (or, usually, other bloggers) that I might not normally have found out otherwise. I particularly like the one that Trust Your Style has going on (which I discovered because she had Happy Mundane fill it out as well.) I liked it so much, I decided to do it too. And I hope you do too, if you are a blog-type person. Be sure and post the link in the comments if you do.
A) FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE:
1. Sales clerk at The Gap. I won a pair of flannel pajamas during one of their "How many crewneck sweaters can you sell?" initiatives and 10 years later, I still wear them all the time.
2. Camp counselor, for about 7 years. Which I would do again in a heartbeat, if only for the art projects. Popsicle sticks rule!
3. Lifeguard. I never had to save anyone, but I did learn how to play a mean game of Asshole and got a very dark tan that I now realize is probably the cause of any premature wrinkling. Sigh.
4. Fashion magazine underling. Think The Devil Wears Prada, but with a lot less free Chanel.
B) FOUR MOVIES I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER (AND DO):
1. Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. Yes, starring Lindsay Lohan. Seriously. Love. This. Movie.
2. Josie and the Pussycats. I'm not ashamed to admit my favorite films tend to hover in the preteen category. Gerkin!
3. Fletch. A classic.
4. Amelie. I love all its adorable quirky French-ness. And I know I was only supposed to pick four, but Garden State has a similar happiness-inducing effect on me, no matter how often I watch it.
[Mike would like to point out that I have seen both Love, Actually and The Notebook an alarming number of times as well. Uh, possibly as recently as Tuesday. What can I say? Ryan Gosling never gets old.]
C) FOUR PLACES WHERE I HAVE LIVED:
3. Park Slope, Brooklyn
4. Newark, Delaware
D) FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH:
1. Project Runway. I'm always a season behind, but love it nonetheless.
2. Old episodes of Gilmore Girls. Can't get enough of the quirky, rapid-fire banter! Or a brooding Milo Ventimiglia, for that matter.
3. TRL. I heart music videos – they're like perfect little movies.
4. The Simpsons. I dare you to watch any episode and not laugh.
E) FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON VACATION IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS:
1. Peaks Island, Maine
2. Luang Prabang, Laos
3. Dijon, France
4. Las Vegas
F) FOUR WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY [Note: Just FOUR?! I visit about 50 favorite websites a day! It's like choosing between children! However, here are four non-fashion sites that I don't endorse often enough.]
1. A Bird in the Hand. Inspires me to be more crafty.
2. Watch Holly. My friend Holly is having a baby and (thank god) she's acting like totally normal person about it. Her posts always make me laugh.
3. Pink is the New Blog, my daily celebrity gossip fix by the always adorable Trent.
4. Wikipedia: Singlehandedly responsible for making me a (slightly) smarter person.
G) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Any potato product, preferably fried and smothered in cheese
2. Bean burritos
3. McDonald's ice cream cones. Oh, or Wendy's Frostys. Or Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, for that matter. My fast food favorites could fill a very long list alone.
4. Garlic. Anytime, anywhere, with almost anything.
H) FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1. New York, NY! (Er, as long as that heat wave is over.)
2. A thrift store in the middle of Pennsylvania (or any other place where there's fantastic vintage treasure to be found).
3. Rue Mouffetard, Paris. Ommmm… fondue…
4. Surfing in Bali (or, more accurately, falling off a surfboard a lot in Bali. Still fun.)
I) FOUR FASHION ITEMS I WOULD BUY RIGHT NOW, IF I COULD [Okay, so I added this one. I'm a fashion blogger! I needed something about shopping in there!]
1. Pretty, comfy, well-fitting ballet flats. Possibly from Lanvin. Possibly in a wide variety of colors.
2. A Holiday & Brown-print Prada circle skirt from the A/W 2004 collection. I still have dreams about the print (seen in dress form here), I love it so.
3. A classic Oscar de la Renta pouf dress, not unlike what Carrie Bradshaw wore in that Sex and the City when they went to McDonalds at the end. (I just saw that episode; maybe that's why I'm obsessing over it so much?)
4. Oh, now I don't know what to use this last one for. An oversized men's watch? Slouchy leather boots? A midnight blue silk Lanvin dress? Anything from Balenciaga? The possibilities are overwhelming; I think I might need a nap.