Making a list, checking it twice…
Friday, January 02, 2009
Ah, I do love making resolutions. I generally revise them on a monthly basis – goals are good! – but here's a snippet of what I'm plotting for 2009.
1. Go rollerskating with the roller dancers in Central Park at least once.
2. Visit the remaining two Disneylands (resolution carried over from last year, and I think even the year before). That means, Tokyo and Hong Kong, you're on my travel list!
3. Have more impromptu dinner parties at home, even if that just means putting some takeout in vintage Pyrex, setting out tasty nibbles, and serving lots and lots of wine.
4. Maintain stock of wine, cheese, crackers and takeout menus so above can actually be achieved.
5. Use said dinner parties to corral friends into playing board games. I am severely lacking in quality Apples to Apples time.
6. And, if that tactic fails, find some more friends who enjoy playing board games.
7. Part ways with the credit card, for good. Learn to love what I have in my closet(s) and be more experimental with it.
8. Eat more fruit. And, on a fairly unrelated note, wear more hats. Both will be good for me.
9. Laugh more, love more, read more, sing more (even if just in the shower), dance more, smile more, say hello to people on the street more, hold doors open for people more, offer up my seat on the subway more, make funny faces at babies more (if possible).
10. Do not allow more than three New Yorkers to go unread at one time. Ignore the fact that this resolution is already off to a bad start.
11. Catch up the number of countries I've visited to my age. Which hopefully means: Turkey, Greece, Mexico, Bulgaria, Brazil…
12. Take up tap dancing.
13. Drink lots of water. Stop buying fancy moisturizers when what I probably really need is to just not be so dehydrated.
14. Play a full round of golf, on an actual golf course.
15. Blog more! Read more! Sew more! Photograph more! Dress up more! And be as creative as possible in everything I do.