Thursday, February 04, 2010
Hey, remember that time when I moved and it was so exhausting/busy/messy that I dropped off the face of the blogosphere for most of the month? Yeah, that wasn't very fun. Luckily, I'm back! Here's what I've been obsessing over since we last talked:
1. Blue and white stripey things. I'm so channeling sailor chic for spring. Yes, please!
2. You might've caught this on my Twitter feed, but Elle.com published a very nice q&a with me a few weeks back. Finally, an interview where I do not sound like a rambling caffeinehead (er, much). Although I have rethought my response to the "$5,000 in Barneys" question about 27 times since then. (My current answer: Buy as much Phillip Lim as I possibly can. These things aren't binding, are they?)
3. Oh my goodness, did you know there is a prequel coming out to "The Baby-sitters Club"? And, um, that I requested an advance copy and read it in one sitting last week? I was really hoping they'd increase the number of Claudia outfit reports, but it was pretty standard. Luckily there is still What Claudia Wore. (Most recently: "Her hair was braided with silver ribbons, and she wore a shimmery dark blue minidress. On her feet were silver sandals, with laces up the calves - kind of like toe shoes." Is it just me, or did Claud always wear shoes that laced up her legs?)
4. Did you see "Kell on Earth"? I'm obsessed. (Also, I loved the part where her assistant, Andrew, showed up in a sequin gown.) I'm totally relishing her new book too.
5. Oh, and! Next Thursday, all the Best Dressed List: DC awardees and the BYT crowd are heading out on the Odyssey boat for a three-hour booze cruise. I am so excited that they put the "Cabin Boy" poster in the promo. In related news: Perhaps an ideal time to debut something stripey?
6. Very excited that fashion week is very, very soon. Tops on my invite wishlist: Prabal Gurung (above).